Sunday, September 29, 2013

9-28-13 The 2013 Ruby Classic...FIGURED it out!

WE DID IT!  My husband, Damian & I had our first show together!  He competed in the Men's Physique and I competed for the first time in the Figure division (moved up from Bikini since my first show).

Show day, it's here!!!  Got started at 5am and out the door at 7am to meet with our coaches at the hotel for a final "physique check" and instructions on what to EAT!  Hair & make by me :)





The check in process was a LOOOOONG one.  We waited around for hours.  Apparently there were a lot of walk up competitors that didn't plan ahead and PRE-register.  Ugh, seriously, if you ever decide to enter a competition, BE PREPARED.  Do everything necessary AHEAD of time so the rest of the well prepared people and their family and friends don't have to sit around for over two hours waiting for you.  We were getting hAngry...HOW RUDE, the show started almost 2.5 hours LATE!







We made the best of it and took some time for photos!
Me, the only Fit & Psyched girl competing in this show, with the Fit & Psyched boys!
 
The Sweethearts of Fit & Psyched

 

The Physique boys
Finally time to hit the stage, Damian was first!
 
Morning show call outs...this was the top 3...3rd on left, 2nd Damian in the middle and 1st place on right.







Then it was my turn!!!
 
That's me in the blue suit.
 





This was the assessment of the morning show that I posted on FB:
Ok, day show was horribly late but, we had a great time once it got started. Damian went first in the Men's Physique Over 40 and was the first guy called out for first call out line ups!  In Novice he was the 2nd guy called out!!! He's very excited and I'm super proud. Now me, I competed in Figure Over 30 and Novice. There were not enough girls in either category (5-6) to do call outs so we all stood in the same line from the start. I personally feel like I maybe got 4th in each. I'm lean, cut, tight, look amazing but, I lack in size. I'm too new, only a few months into training, so I'm ok with it. The feeling I have up on that stage, no one can take away from me! And I have faith that Amy will get me where I need to be!  Thank you family and friends for supporting us! Even those that help behind the scenes.
 
 
"Half time" was crazy as usual for us....we always have a day show sitter and a night show sitter, so we have to go back home to do the exchanges. 
 
Night show time came and went quickly!  It was awesome.

 
Damian (right) on stage at the night show



Back stage, riding his HIGH from winning 2nd and 4th on his 1st show!
Proud Coach Dave with his Physique guys.

 

My turn on stage for the night show!
 
On stage at the night show getting my 5th place trophy in Figure Masters Over 30!



 
 




 
Getting 2nd place in Novice!!!


 

Back stage with my 2nd in Novice & 5th in Over 30 trophies!

The lady that makes the magic happen, Amy Moore of Fit & Psyched Training!
 


The best coaches a competitor could hope for, Amy & Dave!
Another amazing competition experience!  I "FIGURE" this Figure division is for ME!  I loved it and doing it along side my best friend and husband was the icing on the cake!  Speaking of cake and food.....here's to another FOOD-A-PALOOZA!!!!!




The Grease Beast...two grilled cheese sandwiches make the buns for this burger covered in cheese fries!






The Beauty devoured this BEAST!!!
 Followed up today with a cheese Danish first thing before breakfast.  Then drove to Grand Luxe Cafe for Red Velvet Chocolate Chip pancakes with cream cheese icing.  During the day had two of my 3 layer cookies, shared some tiramisu with the hubs and then 3 slices of  pepperoni, onion, and mushroom pizza with a few fries for dinner.   Awesome cheat day!  Food-a-palozza is done and I'm up 6lbs from yesterday at this time!  LMFAO 

xoxo, Bling 

4 comments:

  1. Girl you did great! Your shoulders look really good, and you definitely leaned out well for figure. Once you figure out how to flare those lats, your front pose will be awesome. It took me awhile to figure out how to actually flare them. I did it after a lat focused day in the gym. They were easier to activate while they were sore, because I could feel them better. Once you flare them, your shoulders will naturally lift up from there.

    Congrats on your placement in both categories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your input and advice on my front pose. I really hate it...I look like a chicken trying to fly, instead of an Eagle ready to soar!! LMFAO I'm working on it :)

      Delete